Sueetie Marketplace Version 1.0 is a wrap. Actually, it’s Version 3.2 to coincide with the Sueetie Framework version. I hope to have it available yet this week as a Sueetie Upgrade for v3.1 users, looking forward to your feedback on what features are important for a Community eCommerce application. Along with your feedback to v3.2 I’m excited about all of the integration possibilities starting with Sueetie Global Search, tagging, List Views, Analytics, and so on.
I thought it would be a good idea to review the features of our first public release of Sueetie Marketplace so everyone knows where it will serve their Community eCommerce needs and where it yet might not. I’ll summarize the features and then we’ll get into the screenshots.
Summary of Sueetie Marketplace 3.2 Features
- Lists Physical and Electronic products for purchase and download
- Has a (slick) multi-tier Categorization System
- Automatic purchase and shopping cart link creation through Payment Services, which in v3.2 are PayPal Standard and PayPal Sandbox for development
- Shopping cart and transaction functions performed in PayPal. With supported PayPal Standard, customer can pay with a credit card and does not require a PayPal account
- Supports the following product types: Items for Purchase, Free to Registered Users and Free to All, with purchase/download links that display automatically by type
- Marketplace Activity Report listing both download and purchase activity
- Product Images feature, with each product supporting multiple images that can be enlarged for detail view
Here’s the Marketplace Main Menu.
The Recent Activity Report lists the product, transaction ID, category and action for purchases and downloads.
When creating or editing a product you specify its Purchase Type and Product Type. These settings determine the type of action links that are generated for the product.
The Version 3.2 Marketplace Application Settings page where you can control the size of the product image thumbnail, normal and large dimensions.
Here is the Product Photo Management page for uploading images and setting which image to serve as that product’s main thumbnail image.
Update Product Page
Here’s the Category Management page where you can edit, delete and add categories and subcategories, move categories and their products to other categories.
Marketplace v3.2 uses the logic of a Primary Payment Service to generate the appropriate links and handle transactions. Here are the Payment Services in the initial Marketplace release, with more planned for future releases.
Because the user must be known on return from PayPal to record the transaction, Marketplace v3.2 requires customers to be logged in before adding an item to their shopping cart. In the below product display page, the “Login to Purchase this Item” automatically appears based on the user’s identity. If the item were an electronic product, the links would display “Login to Download this Item.”
That covers the Sueetie Marketplace highlights for Version 3.2. Lots more to come, but we’ve made a good start in making eCommerce a reality in Sueetie Online Communities.