Today’s the day! Sueetie Version 2.0 is available for download in the Sueetie Marketplace. Both the Gummy Bear 2.0 Web Package and the Atomo 2.0 Developer Package are online. There will be a Gummy Bear 1.3 to 2.0 Upgrade Package coming soon.
The major new features of Sueetie 2.0 include:
- Sueetie Mobile Sueetie is now fully Mobile-Enabled, supporting the iPhone, Android and other smart devices
- Sueetie CMS New Sueetie Content Management System supporting groups, multiple content parts per page, reader and editor permission management, IsPublished page status and more
- Community Calendar Calendar with in-calendar drag-n-drop editing and ability to associate any type of site content with an event
- Global Tag Control Tagging support for Forum Topics, Media Albums and Objects, CMS Pages, Blog Posts and Wiki Pages. Full Search Integration
- User Analytics - Logging First phase of Sueetie User Analytics where all user requests are logged along with content descriptions for detailed analytics reporting
- Member Profile Integration with YetAnotherForum.NET User Profile management now moved to YAF's more rich profile services.
- RSS List View Control Drop-in control to display RSS Feeds
- Revamped Lollipop Theme Cleaner more modern default theme for Sueetie 2.0
- Sueetie Tag Cloud Control A drop-in control which generates a tag cloud by application, application type or globally as shown on the Sueetie.com home page
- Media Gallery Expanded View An expanded view of media gallery albums and media objects with added document management system functionality
- All New Content Part Control The Content Part Control for real-time page editing has been rewritten from the ground up
The application versions remain the same in Version 2.0 as in 1.3, but they’ve been enhanced with features like global tagging, calendar event creation, improved searching, and more. We achieved one of our goals for v2.0 in User Profile Integration with YetAnotherForum.NET, but not the goal of running YAF 1.9.5. YAF 1.9.5 is still in beta and we just couldn’t wait. When it goes RTM we’ll be making it available in a YAF-centric Sueetie v2.1 which will be a very simple upgrade.
Lots of new and improved setup documentation with the Version 2.0 release, along with a redesigned Site Setup process. So hopefully not only will you enjoy a Sueetie 2.0 that’s all grown-up, but will have a positive experience getting up and running. The Sueetie Forums are always available, too, so don’t be a stranger.
As I’ve said before, this release of Sueetie puts its capabilities as a full-featured online community application at a new level of maturity. Most major community features you could think of are now in the framework. We have a few items on the Feature To-Do List like Groups, but now we primarily refine the features already in place. Regardless, I’m not thinking so much about features going forward and instead on making Sueetie something both users and administrators love to use. I’ve been enjoying the heck out of using Sueetie 2.0. I hope you do, too.