beta forum bits
- Wolbrink does some good investigative work on how to access user extended attributes with CS2008 REST.
- Interesting thread that began as a question about Tag Clouds quickly morphs into how CS Group content searching is integrated with site-wide searching, which at thread’s start was not planned for CS2008 but after some great responsiveness by Ben and Jose public group content will now be searchable site-wide in CS2008.
- It’s smart that CS2008 themes include an IE7 http-equiv metatag to improve IE8 compatibility.
- A general purpose CS Bit listing the url to the “Who Is Online” page.
- Good procedural advice from Wyatt on how to approach designing a Silverlight banner to use with Community Server.
- David Penton updates us on progress in SQL collation and case sensitivity, “Between Community Server 2007.1 and now, we have made many updates to handle case sensitive installations of Community Server and [now] to accommodate for alternate database collations.”
- Ben explains the purpose of “My Files” as the place CS stores files added to posts. I use a dbvt.com/x directory to store site files, but My Files is definitely a useful feature.
- Afscrome makes a point worth remembering that we don’t want to intermingle CS2007 and CS2008 DLLs in a CS2008 \bin directory. It conjures up images of Bill Murray in Ghostbuster warning, “Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”