The subtitle of Blown to Bits is “How the New Economics of Information Transforms Strategy.” Does that tell you anything? Me neither. This lack of clarity and energy was the underlying problem with the book.
Good concepts, but there was nothing inspiring or thought-provoking. It was a very tiresome read, maybe because its prose was so academic and verbose.
- Separating the Economics of Information and Things
- The Trade-Off between Richness and Reach
- The Deconstruction of Traditional Business Structures
- Navigation and the Consumer Relationship
- Product and Brand Richness
- Acting Deconstructed
If you want a more complete list of concepts covered in the book, I found a great review here.
Thumbs down on this one. Nordic to something else.