I’m happy to report that Sueetie has been updated to Gallery Server Pro 2.3.3750, Roger Martin’s latest release of the best .NET Media Gallery in the land. Gummy Bear 1.3 will include the upgrade, so I know that will make a lot of people happy.
I haven’t upgraded Gallery Server Pro for almost a year. Roger has been busy paying the bills, so the release frequency of GSP updates wasn’t at Roger’s usual feverish pace. There have been several minor update releases since the Sueetie 2.3.3421 version and here’s a list containing some of what’s new and improved.
- Now supports .NET 4.0
- Support for .MHT web archive files
- Flash video and H.264 audio and video support
- Secondary Role Provider for separating GSP roles from Sueetie Roles. Beneficial for communities with a large number of album-based role assignments per user.
- Several other fixes and enhancements
It always feels good knowing we’re running the latest bits of the great applications that make up Sueetie. The weird thing is that I really enjoy the upgrade process, both to discover what’s new in the application as well as adding the enhancements that bring an application into the Sueetie Community.
Gallery Server Pro contains the following Sueetie enhancements that are a part of the upgrade process.
- Integrated ASPNET Membership
- A theming model supporting multiple themes and theme changing from the Sueetie Themes Admin function
- A Recent Photos View where most recent photos from all galleries displayed. Sample at my DBVT.COM Photo Gallery
- Download statistics, a GSP admin function to select media objects for inclusion, and accompanying Sueetie Administration Downloads Report
- Ability to view all Gallery Server Pro content in Sueetie Community outside of GSP
- Activity logging for album and media object creation by object type and user
- Album ContentType definition to support dynamic display changes and more detailed analytics
- Probably others that I can’t think of right now
Upgrades often contain a few fun surprises, and today’s upgrade was no exception. A couple of Gallery Server Pro Adventure Posts will be coming at you soon.