I spent a couple of hours this morning upgrading my development environment and Sueetie.com to the latest version of Screwturn Wiki, v184.108.40.206. I’ve upgraded ScrewTurn several times, along with Gallery Server Pro, BlogEngine.NET and YetAnotherForum.NET. I honestly enjoy going through the process. With each upgrade I feel I know the application better, which was a main driver for Sueetie in the first place.
ScrewTurn 220.127.116.1133 to 18.104.22.168 was a minor upgrade, but any upgrade in Sueetie requires downloading the solution source and doing the Sueetie integration. I decided this morning to begin documenting the process of upgrading the apps going forward. This blog post is the first step.
Below is the ScrewTurn Wiki Visual Studio Solution. Each Sueetie application uses its own solution. In yellow are Sueetie-specific items, the \Web root website, Sueetie.Core, Controls and Wiki class projects. WebApplication in red is the ScrewTurn Web Application project which references Sueetie.Controls and Sueetie.Core. Sueetie adds an application-specific class project, here Sueetie.Wiki, which references various ScrewTurn libraries.
Below are the files in ScrewTurn that the Sueetie Framework touches and which must be applied for the update. The trick, of course, is to touch them as little as possible. Given how much is gained by integrating with Sueetie, this isn’t bad at all.
Now with ScrewTurn 22.214.171.124 locked and loaded I can make a few changes I’ve been wanting to make. One change is to get rid of the sidebar area and relocate those links in the content header. Wiki document real estate is precious, and I want more of it. The second thing I’m going to do is dress up the wiki editor page. Unlike BlogEngine.NET where I exclusively publish from Live Writer, I’m in the ScrewTurn editor a lot. I need to look at something pretty. Once it looks good I can start changing how it works. I guess I’m superficial that way.