A seriously updated Sueetie CMS is online and ready for the vNext release of Sueetie. We’ll shake out the details in a second, but first the insane list of updates.
- Deleted CMS pages are now removed from Sueetie Search, as are any tags used with the page and any content parts on the page. Also, CMS pages set to Inactive Status are removed from Sueetie Search
- CMS pages can now be moved to other groups
- CMS pages can now be duplicated along with all their content parts
- New CMS Management area in Sueetie Administration Area
- New Global CMS List View Control that displays all CMS Groups and pages, with option for each of the CMS groups and pages to appear on the list
- CMS pages now have a "Display on CMS Group Navigation List" property
- New MetaKeyword and MetaDescription page properties and generated on all CMS Page Headers
- New Page Abstract field for display on Global CMS List View Control if desired
- Can now edit CMS Page Content Parts in Sueetie Administration CMS Area
- Can now delete Content Parts
- Fixed the IE inline Editor Window Display which wasn’t positioned on the page correctly
- Changing the CMS Group’s associated ApplicationKey no longer breaks links to Content Pages
- Changing the CMS Page’s Key no longer breaks links to Content Page Parts
- The CMS GroupID is now displayed Group Management page for quick configuration of group navigation list. Additionally, it is no longer required to add a CMS GroupID to the Group Navigation List Control, as the list will display the current CMS Group Pages if GroupID missing.
That’s a lot of updates. For more details about the CMS updates see the new and improved CMS Overview in the Sueetie Wiki. Time for some screenshots.
Dedicated CMS Administration Area
In the past we had a single page to manage CMS Groups and a button on CMS Groups to manage CMS Pages. We now have a complete CMS Administration Area for performing all of the new Sueetie CMS functions.
New CMS Page Properties
Here’s a screenshot of the Content Page Edit form containing the new CMS Page properties. You’ll notice the new Abstract and Meta fields along with the Display on Navigation and Site List checkboxes.
Can Now Edit Content Page Parts in Sueetie Administration
CMS Page Content Parts have always been editable on-the-page, but they can now be edited in a single location in CMS Administration. The new Edit Content Page Part contains everything you need to update any CMS Page Content Part along with its page’s new properties. We felt that it’s helpful to edit the page’s properties when you have access to page content.
New Content Page Meta tags In Action
Below are the MetaKey and MetaDescription meta tags generated on a CMS Web Page using the preceding screenshot on Custom Development as an example.
New Global CMS List View Control
We thought it would be cool to have a single list view control that would display every CMS Page from every CMS Group, so we created the Global CMS List View Control. You have the option of hiding individual pages or entire groups from display on the Global View List. Below is a screenshot and here is a working CMS List View Control at Sueetie.com. For more on the new Global CMS List View Control see the Wiki Page.
That’s a pretty comprehensive list of CMS updates, but if you can think of something left out, let us know!