I’m happy to announce the availability of Sueetie Version 3.1. Full versions of the Gummy Bear Web Package and the Atomo VS2010 Solution are available in the Sueetie Marketplace, along with a Sueetie 3.1 Upgrade Package for existing Sueetie v3.0 users.
Typically a dot-1 release would merit an upgrade package only, but I’m looking forward to Sueetie Nation’s introduction to the Triple Scoop Product Line with Version 3.1’s Addon Pack and Sueetie Analytics. With Triple Scoop Products this will be the first Sueetie release requiring Product Keys—one for each of the two Triple Scoop Applications. Sueetie users are accustomed to product keys, since they’ve been obtaining keys to use Roger Martin’s Gallery Server Pro from the beginning. This will be my first dance on the supply side of product keys, so I’m looking forward to making that happen. You’ll hear more about Product Keys soon now that Version 3.1 is out the door.
Here is a list of what’s new and improved in Sueetie Version 3.1.
- Forum Topic Tag Control update – Redesigned how the Forum Topic Tag Control retrieves thread author list to fix bug reported by very active forums and to improve performance.
- Administration Edit User update – It was possible in the past to enter a duplicate email on the Sueetie Administrative Edit User Form, with unhappy results. That is now fixed.
- New MultiRolePlaceHolder Control – PlaceHolder Control to supplement existing UserRolePlaceHolder supporting multiple roles and an IsAnonymous property.
- Administration Approval Email Localization – Administration Approval Email now localized.
- Site Menu Supports Multiple Roles – All Site Menu Tabs now support multiple roles rather than a single Role.
- Forget Username and Forget Password Updates – The Forget Username page should now be fully localized. Both it and the Forget Password page have been folded into Sueetie’s theming model with fully independent pages per theme rather than shared throughout
- Password Requirement Change – There has been some discussion about the password requirement of 4 characters followed by a combination of numbers or special characters. Now any character can be entered in any sequence.
- Theme Changer Multiple Blog Support – Sueetie Administration Theme Changer now support multiple blogs. Also no hard-coded "blog" and "wiki" requirements for blog and wiki paths respectively.
- Administrator Error Detail Display – Sueetie Administrators can now view full details of errors on a new error handling page.
- Www Subdomain Handling – HttpModule to enforce or remove ‘www’ in url
- Sueetie Restart – Administration function to restart Sueetie and clear application cache rather than having to touch the /web.config
- CMS Restricted Page Search Fix – Restricted pages were being returned in site search results. This has been fixed.
- Immediate Theme Updates – The Sueetie Administration Theme Update function changes the site theme immediately with no longer requiring any web.config touches.
- Site Activity Report Fix – Fixed bug in Site Activity report where an error occurred when the activity user was deactivated.
- Sueetie Analytics Data Capturing Optional – Recording site activity for Sueetie Analytics is now optional.
- Event Log Purgeable – Can now clear Event Log in Sueetie Administration.
- Admin Area Restructured – Sueetie Adminstration Area restructured in preparation for Sueetie Addon Pack and Analytics Areas.
Introducing Triple Scoop Applications
Triple Scoop Applications are new additions to the Sueetie Framework that add fun and sophisticated features and help support ongoing Sueetie Development.
The Sueetie Addon Pack includes a Site Access Control module giving you protection from malicious access by Remote IP and Agent. You can block access by IP Range, User Agent or by entire Country. Many reporting and analysis tools to give you the information you need to protect your Community.
Sueetie Analytics includes usage reports by page and member activity. Initially focusing on page-view analytics, several filters and page rules are included to give you full control of the analytics data to ensure its quality and consequent value of the reports.
For the Sueetie Addon Pack and Sueetie Analytics to continue functioning after your 30-Day Trial period, you’ll need to acquire either a free product key with slightly limited functionality or purchase a key for unlimited feature functionality.
For information on installing Sueetie, the Gummy Bear Setup Guide has been updated for Version 3.1 and is located in the Sueetie Wiki.