After some initial reluctance, we’ve found the Sueetie Roadmap to be a great way to keep everyone informed and involved in Sueetie development as we progress from version to version, with the next big release being Version 4.1 scheduled for Summer, 2012.
You’ll notice from the updated roadmap that v4.1 will see a lot of love in the Analytics department, where we’ll be enjoying Leaderboards, badges, member points, new graphical analytics reports and a structure to capture user engagement metrics. That will probably be the most substantial feature set coming in v4.1.
Apart from analytics updates we should see feature enhancements in several areas, including Marketplace, CMS, member administration and logging.
Here’s the Version 4.1 To-Do Specifics list pulled from the Roadmap.
- Leaderboards, Points and Badges – Analytics will get a lot of attention for Version 4.1 with new Member Leaderboards and the supporting infrastructure of points, badges and engagement metrics.
- Inline CMS Page Creation – Ability to create CMS pages from the page. Currently CMS pages can only be created in Sueetie Administration.
- Batch User Approve/Unapprove The "Approve Users" administration feature needs the ability to approve and unapprove multiple users
- Marketplace upload improvements Not require manual creation of current year product folder for downloads. Also, providing optional FTP to file upload control for Product Download Files.
- Automatic Blog Post Images The Sueetie Addon Pack includes a Blog Post Thumbnail addon with multiple options, including author avatar, post category and auto-generated thumbnail from post’s first image. We should create these images automatically.
- Logging Controls Greater flexibility in logging actions to Site Activity Stream at the time of content creation. Also, more rules based on restrictive content. For instance, uploading media to secure album should not be logged.
- List View Anchor Wraps and No Item Views – Newest List View Controls support HTML Anchors and defined "No Content" View HTML Templates. We want to make sure all List View Controls have the same functionality.
- RSS Feed Descriptions – Include more descriptive info on Site Activity feed entry include more descriptive info.
I know there are Sueetonians out there who have some, um, strong opinions about what the v4.1 feature list should include. You may also think that it’s time to bump-up some of the items from the Roadmap’s To-Do Wishlist to v4.1 To-Do Specifics. Either way, feel free to cast your votes wherever or in whatever form you feel most comfortable with.