Sueetie Calendar Events aren’t just for display on Calendars Anymore. You can now display your community calendar events in list format and in a variety of ways. I created a working demo of the Calendar Event List View Control to show you some of the uses of the new control. Here’s a screenshot.
Calendar Event List Display Options
Event List Display Options are:
- All Upcoming Events – You can display all upcoming events for a designated calendar. You can specify a number of events you’d like to display or specify the number of days of events from the control’s current or starting date.
- Filter by Type – You can filter events by Calendar Event Type.
- Previous Events – You can display previous events from a given date in reverse chronological order
- Display a single day event list – This is perfect for conferences and other events where you can list all sessions for a given day.
Calendar Event List View Control Design
Calendar Event List View Controls are designed exactly like every other Sueetie List View Control. The only file you need to get to know is the control’s view.ascx in your /Themes/THEME/Views folder. Two view.ascx files for Calendar Events are provided in your release package theme’s /Views folder. These are the same views used in the sample Calendar List View page above, which is also included in the release package.
The Calendar List View page shown in the above screenshot is located in your Theme’s /Pages folder. The Url to the page is http://yoursite/eventlists.aspx.
Calendar Event List View Control Properties
Like all Sueetie List View Controls, the /Views .ascx support full Intellisense to help you with the Calendar Event List Control Properties. They are:
- NumRecords – no default listed for display flexibility
- CalendarID – default = 1
- CalendarEventTypeID – if not entered, all CalendarEventTypes are displayed
- ViewName – name of the view.ascx
- NumDays – Number of days from starting date to include in the list
- StartDate – in ‘mm/dd/yyyy’ format. If none enters defaults to current date
- EventViewType – UpcomingEvents or PreviousEvents
Product Keys and Feature Freedom
The Calendar Event List View Control is part of the Sueetie AddonPack. Free Product Key users have full use of the control with the exception of Event Type Filtering which is disabled. Sueetie Supporter Product Keys are available in the Sueetie Marketplace.