The amount of time between the release of YetAnotherForum.NET v184.108.40.206 and its full integration in the Sueetie Community Framework was a mere three days. That’s how excited I was when I heard v220.127.116.11 went RTW.
Here’s Jaben Cargman’s release announcement where he uses a Spoiler expander to list all of the new features and updates. I did a quick total of the number of items: 214. That’s a lot. There’s also an excellent summary of YAF 18.104.22.168 updates provided by YAF Core Team member, tha_watcha.
Just some of the new features from Jaben’s announcement list:
- Added Keystroke Support to the YAF BBCode Editor – Ctrl-B to Bold, for instance.
- Added Album Image List DropDown to the YAF Editor to include an Album Image in a Post.
- Can now delete a Forum including its content, or select a New Forum where all The Topics should be moved prior to deletion.
- The Current Points System is now Converted in to a Reputation System.
- Can now quote multiple posts with Multi-Quote feature.
- Added New Host Setting "Show Todays Birthdays in Forum Info."
- Added Spell Checking to the Standard YAF Text Editor.
- New "Hot Topic" feature, configurable in Host Settings to define how long (in Days) a Topic should stay active, and how many Replies or Views needed until a Topic becomes Hot (Popular).
- Added Country Flag selection on the Edit Profile Page.
- New Topic Status Feature where users can select from a list of configurable status options like Question, Solved, Informational, etc
- Added new BB Code [ALBUMIMG]1234[/ALBUMIMG] to display user uploaded Album Images
- Added the Topic Description to the Topic Title (optional).
- Extended My Topics Page to include “Unread Topics,” “Unanswered Topics” and “My Topics." My Topics shows topics the user has posted in.
- User Read tracking now supported for topics and forum.
- Added User Export as XML and CSV
- Added [GOOGLEMAPS] and [NOPARSE] BBCodes
- All List Types are now Support by BBCodes [list=1], [list=a], [list=A], [list=i], [list=I]
- Added "Go to last post", and "Go to last unread" at top of the posting list.
- Help Content is now much more flexible with configurable Menu Items and tool tips, with current help topic highlighted in menu.
- Added Scrolling Animation to ‘Back to Top’ link
- Added link to user albums in posts.
- Single Sign On via Facebook and Twitter now supported.
- Can now Share topics on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Digg and other popular sites
- Added an option in a poll to show who’s voted.
- User IP info for admins in active users list.
- Added List of Recent Users to Forum Info on the Board Index Page (Disabled by Default in Host Settings)
- Users can now login with Facebook account, Twitter or by User Name, Email Address or Display Name (If enabled) and Password
- New Board Setting: Email Moderators On a Reported Post
- Added User Profile Properties for Facebook and Twitter
- Added a Search Field below the Topics List to directly search through the current forum
- Youtube BBCode now supporting "youtu.be/xyz" urls
- New Host Setting "Handling of as SPAM Detected Messages" with several configuration response options.
- Akismet Spam Service can now be used for SPAM Checking.
- Added "Report as SPAM" Button to an Reported Message on the Report Messages Page
- Added a "Retweet" Button to every Post (can be Enabled/Disabled)
- Added "Mark all As Read" Link to My Topics Page
I told you it was an amazing number of new features! Someone asked me the other day what I felt were the most significant new features of v22.214.171.124, to which I could only respond that I needed much more time to get familiar with them all.
What’s as exciting as using YAF 126.96.36.199 is how we as ASP.NET developers can extend it for custom features in user engagement, analytics and management. The more time I spend with the new YAF the more ideas I get, many of which I’ll be blogging about and which you’ll be seeing in action at Sueetie.com.
YAF was already awesome, and now it’s awesomer. Congratulations to the equally awesomer developers who made YAF v188.8.131.52 happen!